Home
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home

HomeHome  IRC Dicing  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Do you believe in God, or Science?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Epic Fapper

Do you believe in God, or Science? Empty
PostSubject: Do you believe in God, or Science?   Do you believe in God, or Science? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 6:27 am

This is a topic / thread that gets posted on every forum IMO.

I believe in science, as you can see by my signature. I do not feel like going in depth onto why at this moment in time, but I may eventually.

So Dare community, which do you believe?
Back to top Go down
Flyt

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God, or Science?   Do you believe in God, or Science? Icon_minitimeThu Jun 28, 2012 8:08 am

This is the intelligent discussion section. Please back up anything you say with logical, valid reasoning. DO NOT just say "I believe this or that". Instead you must say " I believe this or that, BECAUSE......."

Anyway, I have various arguments I could use to act as evidence to support the idea that God does not exist.

In this post, however, I will argue one of the many irrational arguments that Theists use:

Some theists might say something like :

Quote :
I believe in a God, Supreme Being, Higher Power or whatever you want to call.

How is it that the Universe exists, and that everything was perfectly made?

And my response:

Let's first define the universe, and the implications of said definition.

The Universe: The totality of all existence.
This means that the Universe encompasses all of existence over the things that actually exist. This includes God, provided that he actually exists.

So, how did the totality of all existence, or in short, existence come to be? There are only 2 answers: existence had a beginning, or it is the case that existence had no beginning.

If existence had no beginning, then this implies that existence has always existed.
If existence had a beginning, this does not necessarily mean that something created existence.

Now, if existence had a beginning, it cannot be created by an existent (something that exists). This is due to the contradiction because if something were to create existence, it would imply that existence had already existed for the existent to create existence. Now, since God is considered an existent (something that exists), he cannot be the creator of existence, or, The Universe.

If we reject that existence had a beginning, then it means that the other alternative is that existence has always existed, which means that adding God into the equation is an extra complication.

As it stands, I don't believe in the existence of God because there is no empirical evidence that supports the existence of such a being. In addition, popular conceptions of God say this being has contradictory attributes which violate the law of non-contradiction, thus, these conceptions of God most certainly do not exist.
Back to top Go down
velosofy

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God, or Science?   Do you believe in God, or Science? Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2012 11:48 pm

I dont believe in any relgion. Anyone that does is a complete retard nuff said
Back to top Go down
S4E
S4E

PostSubject: lawl   Do you believe in God, or Science? Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2012 5:07 am

I personaly believe in god there are so many things that you can't prove and science to me is good to help find cures to stuff not prove it because they are wasting the little time they got looking for an answer that doesn't exsist and don't say if you believe in something your retarded you ass hole, people can have a fucking opinion so respect that or gtfo this topic its debate not put downs.
Back to top Go down
N
N

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God, or Science?   Do you believe in God, or Science? Icon_minitimeMon Aug 13, 2012 9:00 pm

I believe in god, for the sole reason that it's how I've been brought up, I'm sure my god is different from some of yours, In my mind, God isn't one individual, maybe more of a party of spiritual individuals, for there are hundreds of relegions and "God" figures. These are just my thoughts.
Back to top Go down
http://www.daredicing.com
UM-I
UM-I

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God, or Science?   Do you believe in God, or Science? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:17 am

first off let me start off with, lets all be mature about this conversation. Please dont bash anyone's religion or opinion on this topic.

ISLAM AND SCIENCE coincide with each other
I was born and raised as a Muslim, and my family was a well balanced family when it came to religion. We never went to extremes (my mom never covered herself from head to toe) but rather so she wore a scarf when outside and such. I am now 18 years old, and i am pretty fascinated with islam, as are 30,000 americans every year (Approx. # of american converts per year). I dont want to make this huge just yet so ill leave you with how could Muhammad(pbuh) a prophet of allah; know the stages a embryo goes through to develop 1400 years ago?

We created man from an extract of clay. Then We made him as a drop in a place of settlement, firmly fixed. Then We made the drop into an alaqah (leech, suspended thing, and blood clot), then We made the alaqah into a mudghah (chewed substance)... 1 (Quran, 23:12-14)
Back to top Go down
UM-I
UM-I

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God, or Science?   Do you believe in God, or Science? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 15, 2012 7:22 am

also @ Flyt your reply on the thesis is nothing more than you commentating on a paradox
Back to top Go down
Shisha

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God, or Science?   Do you believe in God, or Science? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2012 6:49 pm

UM-I wrote:
first off let me start off with, lets all be mature about this conversation. Please dont bash anyone's religion or opinion on this topic.

ISLAM AND SCIENCE coincide with each other
I was born and raised as a Muslim, and my family was a well balanced family when it came to religion. We never went to extremes (my mom never covered herself from head to toe) but rather so she wore a scarf when outside and such. I am now 18 years old, and i am pretty fascinated with islam, as are 30,000 americans every year (Approx. # of american converts per year). I dont want to make this huge just yet so ill leave you with how could Muhammad(pbuh) a prophet of allah; know the stages a embryo goes through to develop 1400 years ago?

We created man from an extract of clay. Then We made him as a drop in a place of settlement, firmly fixed. Then We made the drop into an alaqah (leech, suspended thing, and blood clot), then We made the alaqah into a mudghah (chewed substance)... 1 (Quran, 23:12-14)

Amen. cheers
Back to top Go down
JPSG
JPSG

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God, or Science?   Do you believe in God, or Science? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 8:35 am

I believe in both! Everything came from something (GOD). I think science just helps us make sense out of things we don't understand. Things that are facts to us aren't always right. With out science we would still think the earth is flat and the universe revolves around us. This is a extremely touchy subject but I do believe in GOD.

Have any of you ever watched Ancient Aliens. Shit is trippy check it out. You can watch it on Netflix for free if you have it.
Back to top Go down
Daredicers

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God, or Science?   Do you believe in God, or Science? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 6:34 am

I personally dont believe in any kind of "God" there is no evidence backing it up. But if you guys can think of some, please pm me on forums and tell me lol. But as far as I know it was just something to make them feel happy about dieing.
Back to top Go down
UM-I
UM-I

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God, or Science?   Do you believe in God, or Science? Icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 6:58 am

host johnc there are so many evidence of god in islam.
Back to top Go down
Daredicers

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God, or Science?   Do you believe in God, or Science? Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 9:38 am

show/tell me some?

All who believe in this "god" click this.

http://godisimaginary.com/
Back to top Go down
Flyt

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God, or Science?   Do you believe in God, or Science? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 4:52 am

not a single person here has really made any attempt at actually debating.

I have only seen childish remarks.

"Everything came from something (GOD)"

lol. one of the many ignorant stances of theists. tell me then...if everything came from something (GOD), then where did GOD come from?

someone else said they just believe what they believe cuz thats how they grew up. THink for yourself.

the vast majority of posters here lack critical thinking and/or the ability to properly put together a cohesive, reasonable, standpoint

please review the rules of this section
Back to top Go down
Road North

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God, or Science?   Do you believe in God, or Science? Icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 9:43 am

IN the netherlands only people that are 40+ believe in god. Mostly don't. In my class no one believes that god exists.
Back to top Go down
Flyt

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God, or Science?   Do you believe in God, or Science? Icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 9:16 am

Road North wrote:
IN the netherlands only people that are 40+ believe in god. Mostly don't. In my class no one believes that god exists.

that gives me hope for the world
Back to top Go down
UM-I
UM-I

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God, or Science?   Do you believe in God, or Science? Icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 12:46 pm

no point in argueing with you when your only two responses will be there is scientific explanation to this, or there's no scientific explanation now but at some point in the future there will be.
Back to top Go down
Road North

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God, or Science?   Do you believe in God, or Science? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 21, 2012 12:20 pm

Yeah sorry my english isnt verry well but anyways.

my family never believed in god. Allthough my grandma believes.

I believe in the Big Bang theory etc.

God doesnt make sense to me.

Why would he say that we all need to be good for eachorther but still creates ppl that want war.

also how do Black People/ White ppl excist when there only were 2 ppl to create the earth?
Back to top Go down
Flyt

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God, or Science?   Do you believe in God, or Science? Icon_minitimeSun Oct 28, 2012 10:57 pm

UM-I wrote:
no point in argueing with you when your only two responses will be there is scientific explanation to this, or there's no scientific explanation now but at some point in the future there will be.

there already is scientific explanation ROFL

you people just refuse to accept it as a result of conditioning, molding, and incarnation since you were born.

drones
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you believe in God, or Science?   Do you believe in God, or Science? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Do you believe in God, or Science?

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Home :: Intelligent Debate-